Oct 22, 2012

The creative world of Hans Donner

Time Dimension clock

Last week I attended a lecture by Hans Donner ("The creative world of Hans Donner"), who designed the logos for TV Globo and SIC (TV channels from Brasil and Portugal, respectively), thinking I would hear about the creative process of branding design. I was very disapointed because, instead, Hans Donner almost talked about his personal and professional life path, adding no further knowledge about creative processes.

However, Donner talked a lot about a creation of his one: "Time Dimension", a watch different from any other - a watch with discs instead of pointers. It's not that I loved it (it's too "high tech" for me) but, as I'm currently reading a book that talks about the impact of beauty and design on our relation with objects, I found it interesting because, as the author claims, this watch give us a softer and more peaceful perception about time, there's no tic-tac or agressive pointers, only a super natural design, making time pass by as smoothly as the earth spins, in a game of shadows that reminds of sunset and dawn.

Wouldn't be interesting if the color scheme could change according to the time of the day? I'd like to see a sunset on my fist, everyday!

"These and related findings suggest the role of aesthetics in product design: attractive things make people feel good, which in turn makes them think more creatively." Donald A. Norman in Emotional design.

Learn more about Hans Donner here.

See you soon,
V.

No comments:

Post a Comment